You have probably stumbled upon this article while doing research on Google. Were you searching for topics relating to outsourced recruiting, managing recruiting costs, or the term “RPO”? If so, you have come to the right place! In this article, we define what exactly recruitment process outsourcing is, when it makes sense to utilize this recruiting strategy, why you may want to consider it and outline the benefits of RPO.
What is it?
Recruitment Process Outsourcing is a suite of flexible and scalable recruiting and talent solutions. Other terms that are synonymous with this are:
- Recruiting as a Service
- Fractional Recruiting
- Managed Recruiting
There are multiple RPO strategies designed to address a variety of hiring needs and challenges. In addition, these challenges are most frequently experienced across start-up, mid-sized and enterprise companies.
What are the different types of RPO?
Functional – Continuous or evergreen demand for a specific skill, knowledge, experience, or quality.
- Evergreen Sourcing
- Functional Recruiting
- Diversity Recruiting
- Geographic Recruiting
On-Demand – Temporary, seasonal, or project driven need
- Special Project
- Corporate Relocation
- Temporal Fluctuations
- New Funding & Growth
Full Life Cycle – End to end managed recruiting and applicant tracking on a Full or Part-time basis.
- Job Requisitioning & Approval
- Job Intake & Management
- Sourcing & Engagement
- Screening & Selection
- Interview & Offer
- Reporting & Analytics
Who should consider Recruitment Process Outsourcing?
Here are some of the most common indicators of companies who can most benefit from an RPO strategy:
- Budget Conscious Organizations that need to recruit and hire key talent, but have limited budgets.
- Growth Companies that need to scale their talent acquisition quickly, but do not have the time to build out or expand their recruiting strategy or recruiting functions.
- Organizations Lacking Recruiting Maturity for requisitioning & approvals, employment branding, recruiting tech stack, applicant tracking, interview and hiring process, metrics and reporting, and consistency & efficiency.
- Companies with Lean HR and recruiting teams that need to augment their existing efforts giving them flexible, on-demand capabilities without a lot of headache should consider recruitment process outsourcing.
- Companies with Evergreen Hiring needs for a key or critical skill, knowledge, competency, or attribute.
- Burdened by Agency Fees have found they can substantially reduce their cost-per-hire without negatively impacting their time-to-hire.
- Frustrated HR Departments due to lack of reliable, flexible, affordable, and scalable hiring process.
- Businesses with Consistent Hiring Needs, but who may not have a need for a full-time recruiter, or whose HR Manager is struggling to keep up with HR compliance and administration, along with the heavy lifting of recruiting.
Benefits of RPO
Lastly, companies partner with Reputable Recruiting, because they understand the importance of establishing an efficient, effective, and profitable recruiting process to meet their current hiring demands for long-term growth.
Unsurprisingly, it is not uncommon for HR Leaders to wear many hats and handle various aspects of day-to-day operations. While recruiting is an element of Human Resources, HR Managers are busy handling payroll, benefits, compliance, employee relations and many other daily administrative tasks. However, the need to hire people that are critical to your company and its growth will always exist. Our recruitment process outsourcing solution serves as an extension of your own internal HR department and works in partnership with your existing HR team.
In short, here are some benefits of implementing an RPO strategy:
- Provide a partnership approach that serves as an extension of your existing HR team
- Reduce time to hire by 30 percent
- Increase cost savings by more than 50 percent
- Improve your employer brand
- Simplify and improve hiring process
- Improve candidate experience
- Streamline interview process
- Recruiter specialization
- Improved candidate quality
In conclusion, we are passionate about helping our clients improve their recruiting strategies! We do this my increasing access to the total talent pool while improving their time-to-hire and cost-per hire. If affordably improving your top of funnel candidate and applicant flow with highly trained and well-equipped recruiters is the answer to your hiring challenges, then we would like to invite you to have a discussion with a member of our team!