Are you relocating to San Antonio for a new job? Here is some information on the city that you might find useful as you begin your transition:
- Primary industries are tourism, healthcare, military, and aerospace sciences.
- San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the nation with a population of 1,327,407
- The median priced home is $157, 900, with a required income of $31,374 to qualify
- Fastest growing occupations: 60.3% growth in medical assistants, 50% growth in network systems and data communication analysts, and 46.2% in database administration
- According to the Texas Workforce Commission Bureau of Labor Statistics 7.3% of individuals were unemployed in 2010, compared to the national average of 9.1%
- Some of the largest San Antonio Private Sector Employers are USAA, Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase, Kinetic Concepts Inc, and Valero Energy Corp
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau 8.4% of people living in San Antonio have their graduate degree and 15% have their bachelor’s degree.
- According to the City Appraisal Districts in San Antonio our property tax is $0.56 compared to a $0.79 property tax in Dallas.
Resource: San Antonio Book of Lists